Saturday, May 31, 2008

Blogging from the Beach!

It's been a crazy week for all of us -- but especially the kids. In between end of the year parties, James and the Giant Peach, Dance festivals, yearbook signings and tearful goodbyes they managed to survive. At least, this is what Karli tells me. I wasn't around much this week -- I was getting things in order for a Training and Development conference in San Diego.

Karli and I then woke them all up this morning at 5 a.m., crammed the kids in the van and drove straight through to San Diego with one stop for gas in Las Vegas and one stop for lunch at a rest area in the Mojave Desert.

We rolled in around 4 p.m. local time, checked in and headed straight for Ocean Beach. That's when the fun began... at least for a little while.

Karli and I had forgotten that our kids really haven't experienced the beach like we did growing up. It was great to watch their eyes get wide with excitement as they took their flip flops off and headed for the water -- which was very cold. Within a few minutes Dustin had already managed to immerse himself completely in the surf. Moments later the other kids had joined in the fun and were sopping wet too.

They spent the next hour chasing the waves, watching the kids get wetter and wetter and then wishing that we would have brought towels for all of them as they got pretty cold. Karli and I were the wise parents, only getting our legs wet.

I took pictures, but didn't bring the cord to transfer them for this post. Duh. I'll see if I can get them downloaded at the hotel's business center.

Anyway, we're off to Sea World tomorrow. I hope to get a review on it here tomorrow night.

:)

2 comments:

Dancewear By Heather said...

I'm jealous! There will be no beach trip for us this year since we are going with my parents to pick up Lance instead of visiting them at home! Have fun!

Greg and Penny said...

Wish we were there