I was pleasantly surprised with my visit to SeaWorld. I was honestly expected an aquarium with a few cool shows mixed in. I was completely wrong. It's a place where you get to interact with some very talented and amazing animals. The Shamu show was awesome not so much because you get to see Killer Whales jumping into the air, but because you get to appreciate how complex and wonderful those animals are. I wanted to take one home with me. Katelyn did.
We also got to either interact with or watch Beluga whales, walruses, manta rays, seals, sea lions, flamingos, moray eels, dolphins, penguins, polar bears and bunch of other turtles and otters and other animals.
SeaWorld also manages to mix in a few entertaining rides as well, but that's not the reason you go there. It's for the nature -- I loved it.
Here's a video of our day there...
We liked it so much that we spent most of day five there as well, and I'll upload those photos later.
2 comments:
wow, Free Willey!!! That was amazing, sounds like a totally awesome trip.
Looks like fun. A note on the video, Karli that was fantastic filming. I love the suspenseful mood you created by not keeping the camera on them as they went down. The fact that you know they are going on down into the water, but you can't see them, is classic. I don't remember what the technique is called but you executed it beautifully.
Post a Comment