Sunday, July 6, 2008

Craner Family Reunion -- 2008 edition

We just finished up the latest version of the Craner family reunion - a rip roaring good time complete with a full slate of fun activities. Keep in mind that these photos only represent what we took shots of. I encourage others to post theirs as well. (Yes Dawn and Dad, I'm looking at you).

So, without further ado.....


It all began on Thursday with a trip to Payson Lakes for a fun rafting trip. Here's Krissy ready to get very wet.
Here's Dallin doing.... uh... it looks like he's giving an acceptance speech at the Oscars or something.

The older cousins finally managed to pump up the boat and launch it. But before that, they needed to christen it with a big cheesy photo.

Payson lake is not known for being a deep lake.

On the Fourth of July, the Waterslide toys were busted out for hours of sunburnin, slip-slidin fun. Here you can see Dustin Poyfair, Hallie Craner (David) and Daniel Craner (Scott).

Another photo of Dust-man being crazy.

So what's a Fourth of July without a well thought-out water fight. In this shot I've recruited Krissy and Natalie Halcrow (Tammy's) to help me take on everyone. Notice how wet I've already become.

In this picture, Krissy and Natalie ask if it's alright if they join Aunt Melissa and Aunt Dawn's team. Seconds after this picture was taken, I was overtaken, and my hose was usurped and I was mercilessly pummeled with wave after wave of water in my face. It wasn't long after that I decided to stand down and take my defeat like a man.

These are my kids, Katelyn and Dustin. Yes, we force them to close their eyes for all pictures.

Savannah Craner (David) with Dallin goofing around.

This is Mark and his chins sleeping.


Jessica Craner (Scott) Katelyn and Rachael Craner (Mark).

This is Jessica getting ready to drop Rachael.

What would a good family reunion be without Dad downloading anti virus software?

Jill and Madison Halcrow (Tammy) preparing for something... not quite sure what.

Katelyn and Rachael hamming it up for the camera.

Melissa Craner helping to prepare a meal while her husband (Mark) sleeps.

This is Joseph Craner (David) with Krissy.
Uncle David teaching the kids how to play poker. Sources say he mentioned something about 'when to hold 'em, when to fold 'em.' David walked away with a cool $58 and Katelyn's earnings from her next three babysitting gigs.

We were happy to be able to hang out with Aunt Dawn (Scott) again.

Alyssa Halcrow (Tammy) with her buddy Dustin.

Austin Craner (Mark) with his amazing wrist brace. He assured us that it made him stronger.

Jacob Darrington (Jill).


Parker Darrington (Jill) getting his shoes tied by Aunt Karli

Andrea Craner (David) just lookin pretty with the flowers in her hair.

Soon it was time for everyone's favorite part of the reunion -- the carnival. The obvious hit of this year's carnival was a special appearance by Madame Couscous... (or something like that). She took a vase that looked like a crystal ball and told fortunes.

The line went around the block... err.. the sidewalk to catch a glimpse of her wisdom.

Another highlight of the carnival -- pie eating contest. Here's Dallin with Jonathon Craner (Mark) in the background.

Dustin was able to win his round handily, because lets face it... this is how he eats every meal.

Is that a happy kid or what?


Here's Alyssa giving it one final push.

Then the guys got into it. Mark woke up long enough to beat all the men in our round. Here he is in all his glory.
I lost, but I was not finished. There was still good chocolate pudding on the bottom of that bowl.

Here's Brandon Halcrow sharing the love with Alyssa.

Even Dallin, Madison and Jessica got into the act.

Dano Craner. Nuff said.

On Saturday we had the Craner Family Olympics. Here's Dustin gloating after his team won the obstacle course.

He then beat Dallin in a Gunny Sack race.

Here's Kate beating Alexander Craner (Scott).

Jessica Craner with very bouncy hair.

"Tammy, I thought we went over this. NOBODY is allowed to use the toilet in our new trailer, no matter how bad they have to go."

By the end of the third day, sleep deprivation set in.

Emily Halcrow taking care of her little bro Christopher.

In this game, you put a marshmallow on a spoon and run real fast.

Dustin just wanted to eat his.

Krissy maintaining her eagle-like focus.

Dallin looks like he's ready to sneeze.

Jonathon Craner takes the lead!

If you dropped your marshmallow, you had to pick it up without using your hands, just like Zachary Craner (Scott) is doing here.

Dad and Tammy, both anxious to eat the fish that night -- in different ways.

Jacob Darrington.

Daniel Craner asking for an explanation.

More olympic fun...

Chelsea Halcrow with Tammy...

Christopher Halcrow, acting like he owned the place...


Zack and Madison are excited to play water-balloon volleyball.

While Mom launches water balloons at the unsuspecting grandchildren.


So, there you have it.

Karli and the kids are leaving first thing tomorrow morning and I will be a bachelor without a camera for the next three weeks. I'll keep you updated on how I pull through.

:)

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Looks like a ton of fun. I wish we could have made it out there. Just wasn't in the cards this year.

Thanks for the post. I DO hope others post their pictures too.

Good luck while your family is gone

Tammy said...

Great job at including everyone! We had a great time looking at the pictures.

We had a great time with all the Fam! (the only exception was the absence of Matt and his family and Darrin and his family!)

Amie Orton said...

oh my how fun. My favorite has to be "madam couscous." What a funny lady.. funny family.. so fun!

Catherine said...

Karli, check my blog . . . I tagged you.