One day after Karli and the kids got back from Oregon (Friday), I had them out on Deer Creek Reservoir for fun with Grandma and Grandpa Craner! After trying to get Dad to purchase a wakeboard that the grandkids could use and being rebuffed ("I don't have a job anymore!" Dad said), then trying it again via Darrin and his masterful negotiation skills (That didn't work either) we made a quick trip to Marine Products store in Sandy and rented two wake boards - One for Daddy and Dallin and one for KK and Kristen.
By noon we were on the lake, getting sizzled in the sun. As always, here are a few pictures...

Karli chose not to get wet, or burned, or sore, or whiney. I wish I could say the same for the rest of us.

This is Dallin getting a lesson from Grandpa in tying knots. I didn't get any pictures of Dallin wakeboarding, but needless to say he did a great job, got up a few times, but had issues in how to stay up. He'll get there.

This is me after my triumphant wake boarding session. I'm getting better at it, but the lake was too choppy to try any jumps or flips across the wake. The water was very warm, by the way. And during one time while I was waiting for the boat to pick me up, I entertained the cows on the shore with my cow impression. I actually had them mooing back. I could just imagine them saying 'Guess what I just did in that water!'

Here's KK attempting to get up. This was her first time trying and she made amazing strides over the course of the afternoon. She'll be up and boarding in no time.

Of course, Kristen watched everyone else wakeboarding and was chomping at the bit to get in the water and try it out. No sooner had she squared up and before Grandpa was ready, she popped right up out of the water. So we had to coach her in actually waiting until Grandpa was ready to pull her out of the water before she tried to get out of the water. In no time, she was wakeboarding - just like the above photo proves.
Here's a short little video of her getting up, and then falling down.
In all, we had a great day with Grandma and Grandpa, and finished up with some good old fashioned tubing behind the boat.
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa. We'll be sure to bug you so that we can do that again real soon.
***
We watched
Prince Caspian last night at the American Fork Dollar Theater and absolutely loved it. It's definitely a different movie than
The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe. It's a darker tale that focuses more on the frailties of man and the struggles that come with having faith in a Heavenly Father. The message was powerful and poignant. This is a movie that you purchase and let your kids watch over and over.
I also saw the
Dark Knight about a week ago -- another dark movie that focuses on the frailties of man as well. However, this one's message focuses more on how far can you push the natural man before he does the right or wrong thing. I liked that one too, probably not as much as the critics do. Heath Ledger does make an amazing Joker.
***
Dustin is now in the midst of a two-week vacation with Grandma and Grandpa Orton. Apparently, he's having second thoughts about coming back. Right before Karli left him in Oregon, he told her that he's ok if he just lives with them now and that we could just visit him next summer.
Have a great week.
Pat
5 comments:
looks like fun. Jealous we can't join in the wakeboarding fun
So did dad get a wakeboard, or is he sill homeless and penniless.
Matt
We rented them from Marine Products -- $20 apiece for the day.
Sources say that Dad is still homeless and penniless, though...
hey its riley petersen=]
oh and um email me=]
rylo92@yahoo.com
rylo92@gmail.com
petersen_riley@hotmail.com
olz and thnx=]
Post a Comment