Well, onto the update ...
Katelyn is turning into quite the cook. Today we came downstairs to the wonderful smell of banana bread. Katelyn decided to go ahead and cook up a loaf and it was amazing. She didn't ask, she just went ahead and did it.
The best part of this is that I now live in a house with two amazing cooks -- Karli and Kate. And since I have a hard time getting Karli to bake me fun treats, I now have Katelyn to do it. Yeah!
Krissy's a game changer -- Kristen's always been a very good soccer player, but this year she's turned her game up a few notches. It's possible that it's the result of a talk we had before the season started in which she asked me if it was alright if she hurt other girls while playing hard.
I thought a second and said -- "Yes, Kristen -- absolutely."
We then talked about how it's ok to play hard and if she hurt someone by accident because of an aggressive play, then so be it. Well, she now plays with a newfound sense of confidence. She's in on every play, she kicks the ball with power and she dribbles like a champion. But don't take my word for it, have a look at the below pictures...
Cowboy Crushing Cougs -- Dallin and I scored two tickets to Saturday's Wyoming/BYU game. We had a blast -- it's always fun to watch a blowout especially with a shutout tacked on to it. To celebrate the game, Dallin and I dressed up like twins and smiled in our completely unphotogenic method for this blog.
Ghost Town -- A very, very funny movie with Ricky Gervais -- the Michael Scott of the original, UK version of The Office. I have not laughed that hard at a movie in like, forever. Especially during the colonoscopy scene. Trust me.... go see it.
Webkinz Carnage -- As a little bit of background to this story, you need to know about the latest craze that my girls have become embroiled in -- Webkinz. Basically, you buy a stuffed animal that comes with birth certificate and an internet code. You take the code to the computer, input it and a cartoon version of the stuffed animal comes up and then you can take care of the virtual pet online while playing with the stuffed animal at home. Make sense?
Well, needless to say, the marketing effort for this little enterprise has worked very well for my girls. They spend a lot of time online 'taking care of' their Webkinz pets. This upsets Dallin, because he feels that his internet usage time is greatly reduced because of it. Karli and I are constantly moderating fights over computer time use.
So, Karli and I went to Choir Practice this morning, leaving the kids strict instructions to do Sunday-type things -- like write in their journals, read their scriptures, read a church magazine, etc. They all promised they'd be good, so off we went.
While we were gone the girls did as they were told - they stayed downstairs and were good. The boys had other ideas. They quietly slipped into the girl's room and created the great Webkinz massacre of 2008. Here is what it looked like.
It was a very funny thing to come home to. The girls were completely surprised, but they loved it. They're already plotting their revenge.
Well, that does it for this week. Congrats to Devin and Amy on their new baby, Naomi. Can't wait to see her in a few months. Darrin, Claire -- we need more shots of that baby of yours.....
Pat and Karli and Dallin...
4 comments:
Ummmm, is that not slightly disturbing to anyone at the Poyfair household? ;-)
Looks like fun. I would totally have massacred my sister's toys if it effected one or more of my freedoms. Thanks for the ideas Dallin and Dustin. Now I know what to do if my kids ever infringe on my personal liberties.
Way to go Kristin! I played soccer for a few seasons and I think we lost every game.
And Katelyn, great job on the banana bread. I still can't get banana bread right. That is a feat!
You guys are a great family. Sorry for monopolizing so much comment space! Have a great week!
Dude, that picture of you and Dallin is priceless. Same expression, same clothes . . . awesome. Looks like fun.
Also enjoyed the Webkinz massacre. Very creative for 2 boys, don't you think? Hee hee. I like to see that your 2 girls like to play together and your 2 boys like to play together, even though both sets are quite a bit apart in age. That's cool.
holy cow that was a seriously funny post.
Wow. Maybe you need to take the boys to choir practice - they might just learn that it's better to find something "Sunday-ish" to do on their own! Oh, that was hillarious!! I'm just amazed that you had the presence of mind to grab the camera!
Post a Comment