Sunday, August 24, 2008

The most wonderful time of the year...

The three youngin's ready to hoof it to the bus stop.

Back to School: Well, our summer has come and gone and just like that the kids are back in school, noses in books and all that other stuff. Before they left, Karli managed to snap the following photos.

As promised, Dustin wore his awesome cowboy shirt complete with his superhero backpack and jeans. Karli says that Dustin wanted to wear this shirt later in the week and that it's a daily struggle for her to find new places to hide it. I say let the kid wear it - these will be awesome blackmail pictures later in his life.


Here's Krissy looking very grown up and pretty next to our unwieldy bush in our front yard. For those of you wondering, yes that is a pink Tinkerbell book bag slung over her shoulder.

Katelyn is using this picture to not only model her pretty new school clothes, but also her new haircut she got the day or so before. This one is getting too big and there's nothing I can do about it.


I've always felt bad for Dallin. Not only does he look like me, but he's been blessed with my inability to pose properly for a photo. Poor kid.

The first day was a big hit for everyone, especially Karli who now has inherited a quiet house.

Atlanta: I would have been there for the first day of school but I spent it in Atlanta on OC Tanner sales visits. Both days were pretty eventful, I spent the first evening at the CNN Center for an Atlanta-area meeting for the American Society of Training and Development. As we exited, Jeff Whitney and I got caught up in the entourage of the Columbian President, Francisco Santos. Secret Service, Black Suburbans and adoring fans were everywhere. With our suits and ties, the SS must have thought we were part of the crowd, letting us stay relatively close to this guy without shooing us away, like they did to everyone else. It was a little surreal.

I also went to Georgia Aquarium. I only got as far as the lobby but was ready to book a trip back to the place with the family to go again.

I ended up at the Phillips Arena - home of the Atlanta Hawks. I even got to sit in one of the suites and conduct a conference call. Cool stuff.

On Thursday Karli and I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary. It's hard to believe we've been married that long, until you look at our awesome family and spend some time in front of one of our photo albums. We've had an amazing time

On Saturday, we decided to give the summer one more fling by packing everyone up and going to Seven Peaks Water Park for a half day. The day was scorching and the water, the slides, the lazy river and wave-less pool (it must have been broken) was heaven sent. Mere minutes after walking in we found Carla Craner and her older kids as well as Diane Mejia and her kids. Needless to say, our kids were very thrilled to have them to spend the day with.

A couple of public service announcements: Dallin will play bass in two upcoming concerts. On Saturday, August 30th at 7 p.m. he'll play the Rolling Stones classic 'Paint it Black' at The Music School in American Fork. On October 30th he'll play 'Green Onions' and 'Thriller' with the Timberline Jr. High Jazz Band in Alpine. We'd love to have you come, let us know if you need instructions.

That's all for the week. :)

4 comments:

Gillian said...

Pat, you probably wouldn't remember me, but I went to THS and we were in the same seminary class during the time you lived in Olympia. I stumbled onto your blog, quite by accident, and I was like, "whoa, I know this guy!" Although, you look quite different not sporting the 80's black trenchcoat...

Anyhow, just wanted to say hello. You have a beautiful family and it's nice to hear that life is treating you good and you're active in the church. Take care.

Brenda (Bernard) Andrews

Catherine said...

Hey -- you've been MIA for a while. Good to hear that the kids are back in school and "way to go Karli!" I can't even imagine all of my kids in school -- it seems so far off for me, although I know time will really go by quickly.

Matt was able to see Allison off to the bus this morning, but couldn't go with me to escort her to her class at school. He's taken off on his first business travel trip for Sysco. (He tells me that it's a rare, once in a blue moon thing. . . . we'll see about that.)

Amy said...

Pat & Karli,

I found your blog through Rindee's blog (she's in my ward).

It's great to see your beautiful family- time flies, doesn't it?

It seems like all is well with you guys- I'll add yours to the list of blogs that I check frequently.

If you want to check mine out, my address is www.huhtalajourney.blogspot.com

Take Care!

Amy Haner (Huhtala)

Dancewear By Heather said...

Karli, your kids are so cute, and I can't believe they are all in school! What is that like? Is it more lonely than expected, or just nice? I also cannot believe you have been married 16 years! Are we really getting that old? I'm a whole 4 years behind you, so 16 is quite impressive!