This is Dallin, just letting you guys know I made Jazz Band!
Thursday, I brought my bass to school, because I was auditioning for my school's jazz band, which is the number one middle school band in the state. I had practiced hard, and missed 2 full weeks of American Idol, but I hoped it was worth it. I brought my bass to the band room, getting the OK from the teacher, and then hurried to class. After school got out, I went to the band room, lugged out the music teacher's 100 watt bass amp, and started practicing. 5 guitarists came, also auditioning. I was thinking about auditioning for guitar, but after seeing some of those guys, I'm glad I chose bass. Eventually two other bassists came, and Mrs. Taylor began 1 by 1 pulling people in for their audition. I noticed that one of the other bassists was really good, but the other wasn't. Soon I got called, and went into her office, playing the 12 blues scales, the bass line to "Don't get around much anymore" and a walking F. She said she would post the results the next day, so the next day I went to check the list and found out I made it!
I was relieved mostly because my mom said she would sell the bass if I didn't make it (no pressure, right?), but I am also excited for the experience this will give me in playing in a real band.
6 comments:
Congrats Dallin! From Sis. Nisse in Prescott Valley.
Regarding the music on your blog, you should go to www.projectplaylist.com and create a playlist. That way you can have more than one song on your blog. Meaghan has added a lot of the music on our blog. She usually has pretty good taste.
Dallin, that's great!! Congratulations. You are so talented. Don't forget us when your famous!
one step into your future career! Oh, by the way, you SHOULD add some songs on to your guy's playlist. If you need some help getting started on picking some songs, (sometimes I do), I found a really great song on Simple Plan's newest album (clean version). the song's called "Take My Hand". Even my mom likes some of their songs. Wierd huh?
--Meaghan
P.S. email me @ dramaqueen_8294@hotmail.com, k?
Great job Dallin! Rock on!
that's freaking awesome! just remember the little people on you're rise to the top!
Congrats Dallin, you must have gotten your musical talent from your mom's side!
Love,
Aunt Tammy
Post a Comment