While the topic of canceling church was tossed around, President Yaden decided that since snow plows had been out it was safe to go to church. He was correct, although the trip was a little harrowing for Karli and her beloved mini van. She actually got stuck going halfway up the hill in the middle of road, while all the 4 wheel drives zipped right past her. She even fired off a call to me, which of I of course couldn't hear.
So there she was, stuck in the middle of the road,
While we thought that only a few people would attend church, we were wrong. It was packed as usual. After a pleasant Sacrament meeting and Sunday School, the final hour was canceled as it became apparent that the snow was not letting up and people needed to get out of the storm.
So we got home, and the kids went straight to work, strapping on their boots, gloves, snow pants and coats to go out and play in the winter wonderland. Dallin and I also went outside to shovel the driveway out of the snow.
After a hour or so, we all came in and had a wonderful -- break the fast meal.
And I'm still struggling to get my family interested in football. After a half of having to switch between the game and the 'Puppy Bowl' on Animal Planet, I gave in. I heard the Giants won. Good for them.
So there you go, a recap of our snow day.
6 comments:
I gave up on the driveway a long time ago. Now it is about two inches of ice and a foot of snow. I just make sure that I have momentum to make it out. I have only gotten stuck once and that was because I had to stop in the wrong spot to avoid hitting a car driving down my street.
I do have the nice pile of snow lining each side of my walkway thought. A few more storms and it may be as tall as me.
as for Lost, Star Trek, and/or Star Wars, I am excited for the new Star Trek movie.
Me too. Did you that Sylar is going to be Spock?
who the heck is Sylar?
I knew that like a year ago. get with the times. The Super-bowl was awesome in the fourth quarter but the rest was pretty lame.
Pat, I am even leaving a comment. Good job on getting a blog done for your family. We really need to get Austin and Dustin together.
Dude. That's alot of snow. Cool, man. I'm jealous. Today, it's almost 60 degrees. Weird. But, I'll take it.
--Catherine
Post a Comment