Sunday, February 10, 2008

One Kid Band

When Dallin started the 1st grade, Karli required him to learn to play the piano. Like every other kid that age, he resisted, hated practicing, etc. Well, today, he played 'Called to Serve' while his Scout troop sang during Sacrament meeting. I was out sick today, but the reviews are that he nailed it pretty well.






When we moved back to Lehi, Timberline Jr. High School required that Dallin either sing in the choir, or play an instrument and the only instrument he could play was the Clarinet. So, he picked up 3 weeks later than the others in the band and has already climbed to 4th chair. Not bad.






Two years ago Santa Claus brought Dallin an acoustic guitar. While he hated it at first because it wasn't an electric guitar, he played it enough to work his was up to...







His beautiful red epiphone guitar. He gets better and better every day on it. I think he has dreams of becoming a rock star or something. Dallin earned half the money for this guitar, then worked hard on his grades and scouting before working with Grandpa and Grandma Craner to get one.




And so, Dallin has added this latest beauty to his collection -- an Ibanez 4-string bass. Dallin has already sacrificed his present from Mom and Dad to get this one so that he can practice to be the bassist for the Timberline Jazz band. He thinks he has a good chance of making it.







I neglected to put his Guitar Hero guitar up on this, but then again... everyone is good at that.

7 comments:

Hailey said...

Hey Pat and Karli--

I'm so excited that you are blogging now. It will be fun to see what you guys are up to. Dallin looks cute playing his guitar. "Cute" probably is not the right word, is it! We miss seeing you guys and hope everything is going well. It sounds like you are all busy, busy, busy!

Amie Orton said...

Wow way to go Dallin, I am surely impressed. I can't wait to hear you perform someday...

Hailey said...

I could have sworn that Hailey told me that he could play drums too... Oh, and I didn't know he could play the clarinet. I miss having some one to talk to about my kind of music!

--Meaghan Nisse

Clarissa and Darrin said...

Don't Forget the drums! This kid is an animal.

Anonymous said...

I would like to play the electric gutar too ,Dakota

patpoyfair said...

Hey Dakota!

Thanks for stopping by. I'll make sure Dallin reads this. Playing the Electric guitar is a lot of fun.

Uncle Pat

Hailey said...

You guys have Guitar Hero?!?! Luckyyyy..........

--Meaghan