It came Monday night without warning. I was getting packed for my trip to Florida, and we noticed that our seemingly happy little Mac had turned off by itself. We tried turning it on over and over. But nothing seemed to work.
So we decided to let the poor guy rest overnight, thinking that we had probably overworked him. I was saddened to hear upon my return that our poor little Mac is still dead.
This creates a myriad of problems, the greatest of which is that I now have to explain to all the die-hard Craner PC-lovers why my beloved Mac would just shut down on me like this. It's so Un-Mac like. I've treated him well in our 2 plus years together. I gave him more RAM, installed Leopard and used Iphoto as my only photo editing software. Dallin loved to play Garage Band on him. I was using Blogger to get my photos from my new camera published to my legions of adoring fans.
In short, I had adopted my Mac's lifestyle. Clean, cool, collected, smart and hi-tech. Now I'm stuck posting on this blog with a PC. Yuk. No access to our family photos. No fun.
Our plan of action involves taking our beloved Mac to the doctor this week and see if we can coax him back to this world. I'm thinking it's probably not a huge fix.
And who knows, maybe there's another Mac out there waiting to become part of our family. I can only hope.
Overheard Today: As I was walking to Elder's Quorum today I listened to a sister in another ward introducing her family. She first talked about her husband who sells prosthetic limbs. She said her husband thinks it's cool when he tell people that he sells joints.
Embarrassing Pat moment: I was waiting for Bishop Heniger to finish up with an interview he was having and got to talking to Mike Aston, our ward financial clerk. As we were talking he appealed to me, his Elder's Quorum President, if he could let him know who his hometeachers are. They hadn't visited him since the quorum was split almost three months earlier. He said it was very important to him to have good home teachers in his home and wanted to light a fire under whoever it was that wasn't coming to his house.
I was very concerned about this as well. I always get frustrated when members of the quorum don't magnify their priesthood callings. So we hopped on the computer right then and there to get to the bottom of it. We called up the list and lo and behold -- I was the guilty party.
All I could do at that point was laugh. Bro. Aston felt very uncomfortable, saying he was just kidding, that it wasn't a big deal and that I have probably been very busy and obviously had very good reasons to not do my hometeaching. I told him that I have no excuses and set up an appointment on the spot. Funny stuff and a great lesson learned on my behalf.
I could live in Tampa: After spending a few days in the Tampa Bay area, I've decided that I could probably handle living there if the stars aligned. It's a beautiful city with beautiful beaches and lots of wonderful places to live.
And it's less than an hour from that Disneyworld place.
That's all for this post. Feel free to comment below, or call me using the button on the side.
3 comments:
Pat, I must say, that's pretty embarrassing about your home teaching blunder/incident with that guy. But if it makes you feel any better, Matt was terrible doing his home teaching until he became Elders Q Pres too!
oh wow that is the funniest Pat.. HAHA.. I'm glad you can laugh at yourself. Being embarrassed does no one any good! You are hilarious
if we told a story for every time there was a problem with a PC in this family it would require it's own blog and an external hard drive to hold all of the posts!
Post a Comment